The course deals with the design, implementation and evaluation of educational process based on modern learning theories and the effective use of educational software.
By completing the course, students should be able to integrate ICT in their teaching, to create digital educational materials and design courses scenarios that would implement the use of ICT.
The course relates to the use, integration and implementation of educational software in teaching and how we can make learning more effective and efficient in their use. This is a project-based approach for organizing students’ activity around specific learning objectives. In
In this approach students work with and evaluate educational software via various projects. During the course students make continuous and extended use of Educational Software and
- Use of course web site to communicate with students and disseminate learning material.
- Use of interactive LMS system eClass for loading and uploading online teaching material related to course content.
- Use of interactive LMS system eClass for uploading and evaluation of students’ projects.
Considering new trends in Greek educational system, the teaching of the course includes:
- Design of interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, jumbled-sentence, crossword, matching/ordering and gap-fill exercises for the World Wide Web with Hot Potatoes
- Cognitive mapping with CmapTools
- Image processing with Gimp, Adobe Photoshop
- Sound editing with Audacity
- Processing video, videotutorial using Camptasia Suite
- Use of Google Docs
- Video processing using Audacity, Freemake Video Converter, MovieMaker
- Office advance:.ppt and new presentation trends (Prezi)
- Design and implementation of Blog using Blogger
- Design of course scenario using ICT
Distributed Educational Material during the course:
- Slide presentations